Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd presents
Managing an Effective Interview for Interviewers
(by Dr. Hj. Mohd. Sobree Hj. Ali )
objectivesAt the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the selection process in practiced in Human Resources
Division / Department.
- Identifies content in interview planning and outline for
opening the interview.
- Recognize interview summary sheet ( a sample form)
- Define types of interviews
- Identifies component of structured interview.
- Classify types of information for data gathering
- Describe interview techniques
- Identify data and STARs.
- Familiarize with Data evaluation and integration
- Understand Decision making tips
- Understand in Making a positive impression
- Know How to create impact
- Practice and critiques
program contentDAY 1
1. Course Introduction
- Importance of selection, cost of poor selection/hiring
- Common selection problems
2. Selection Process
- Selection funnel, understanding the job, job description,
employee specification, message to candidate, expectation
from candidates and competencies.
- Advertisement, application, competency-based application
forms, application for employment and short-listing.
4. Key skills for interviewing
- What is an interview?
- Type of interviews
5. Systematic planning
- Planning for interview, preparing for interview
6. Interview Format
- Setting tone/climate
- Building rapport: rapport building
- Questions, informational questions, behavioural-based
questions, situational questions
- Keeping interview on track, team/panel interview
- Some interview questions and interviewing guidelines
- Self checklist, appraisal behaviour interview
8. Additional Tips for Effective and Systematic Interview
- Human Resource Transformation: An Overview
- Performance Management System (PMS) and its relations to
recruitment and selection.
- Samples of core competencies and competency-based interview format.
9. Collecting STARs and motivational fit
- Data evaluation and integration
- Rating dimension, sharing behaviour, collaboration and
making final decision.
10. How to ask questions?
- Listening skills
11. Conclusion and Course Evaluation
methodologyLecture and Group Discussion.
who must attendManagers/Supervisors/Panel of Interviewers
investment fee / early bird by 07/06/2011
Standard: RM 1,080.00 / RM 980.00 per participant
Group discount: RM 1,030.00 / RM 930.00 per participant for a minimum of 2 participants from the same company
(Fee inclusive of Refreshment, Buffet Lunch, Training Bag, Handouts, & Certificate of Completion)
registration & payment
PROGRAMS ARE CLAIMABLE UNDER SBL SCHEME
Please register online through www.qdc.com.my or call 03-78054587 / 03-78044196. Our phone line operation hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday.
All registration MUST be accompanied with PAYMENT.
Completed registration form with CHEQUES should be made in favor of "Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd" and sent to:
QUALITY DYNAMICS CONSULTANCY SDN BHD
No. 343, Block A, Kelana Centre Point, No.3 Jalan SS7/19,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Tel : 03-78054587 / 03-78044196
E-mail: [email protected]
( Rahifah / Thang )
PSMB Reg: 0938
(FEE PAID IS NOT REFUNDABLE but replacement may be made at no additional cost. Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above course and shall inform participants of the changes)
COURSE FACILITATOR - DR. HJ. MOHD. SOBREE HJ. ALI
Dr. Hj. Mohd Sobree Hj Ali is a CEO to a training firm, and sits as a Board of Directors of a housing developer company. He graduated with PhD (USA),M.A. (UM) B.A. (Hons) (UM), Dip Trg Mgmt (UK) Cert. Trg. Dev. (UK).
He has attended more than 100 formal trainings. Among the national top course leaders that have trained him are YB Dato Dr. Hassan Hj Mohd Ali (motivation) , Dato Prof Yunus Noor (Coaching and Counselling), Dr Sherkawi (psychology), Robert Lam (public speaking), Dr Gokul Naidu (interview techniques) and Royal Prof. Ungku Aziz (lateral thinking). He has also attented variuos programmes from Intan, MPC, Texas Instruments, Motorola, IBBM, and Petronas.
Dr. Sobree has been a motivational speakerís for more than 20 years. He has conducted several motivational programmes to various organisations in Malaysia and negara Brunei Darussalam. Some of the local organisations that have invited him are: Celcom, I&P, KWSP. Felda, Risda, LPN. FAMA, Kraftangan Msia, MBPJ, Pej Daerah Hulu Langat, Pejabat Daerah Sepang, Petronas Dagangan, Petronas Holdings, Petronas Hartabina, Kumpulan Sri Jaya, Lembaga Peperiksaan, Konsortium Sepang, MTIB, Inst. Kemahiran Belia Dusun Tua, Pos Malaysia Berhad, MARDI, STMB, Maybank Finance, Bank Pertanian (Agro Bank), BSN, BPMB, Kwong Yik Bank, BBMB, BCB, CIMB, SIRIM, PERCON, Kemt. Pertahanan, Jabatan Penerangan, Bernama, KADA, INSPIN Kedah, UiTM, UPM, UKM, UNiTEN, UM, Hotel Pan Pacific and JPM Negara Brunei Darussalam.